Did you know that witches are my favorite characters?
One of the first amigurumi patterns that I have done is a little witch and I am so fond of her that I still use her image as an avatar.
You will have noticed that a witch also appears on my logo.
Continue reading Witch Hat Keychain Pattern
Back to school is here!
They are moments of illusion, novelties, meetings… and there is much to do.
As I’m sure you’re very busy, this week I bring you a different pattern than you’re used to:
This Little Monkey Bookmark >> Download the free pattern
Continue reading Little Monkey Bookmark to back to school
We are going to deal with one of the issues that most concern the amigurumis crocheters, especially if they are starting:
How to sew the different parts of our amigurumi?
This question is important, because although you crochet each part very well, if when assembling the joint is not correct, it will not only affect the appearance of your creation, but you run the risk of detaching the pieces, with the problems that this can cause.
In order to sew the parts of an amigurumi you will need:
- The different pieces previously crocheted in which, to facilitate the join, you will have left a thread at the end of the fabric. The length of this thread will depend on the size of the piece you have to sew. More it is better than less and it will be the experience that will allow you to adjust the lenght.
- Wool or yarn of the right color in relation to the part you have to sew. You will need it in case you have not left a thread or that it isn’t enough to complete the joint of the piece.
- Yarn Needle, that is, a needle suitable for sewing the wool or yarn that we use to crochet our amigurumis. You can find them in different materials, sizes and thicknesses. I usually use metal about 8 cm long.
- Tape measure to place the pieces in the right place, especially if the exact measurements are specified in the pattern.
- Pins to secure each piece in place and prevent them from moving while you sew them.
- The diversity of the pieces and their placement force us to join them in different ways. Let’s see some examples applied to our amigurumi kitten:
Continue reading How to sew the different parts of our amigurumi + Kitten Pattern
Today I want to talk to you about something that has happened to me a few days ago and that has made me very excited:
The first videotutorial of one of my amigurumis!: Little Lulú!
But no, I didn’t make it, but Demetra Bogri, the magnificent weaver of 4elli.com, and everything was the result of chance … A bad translation of my pattern of Goku on the blog forced her to contact with me and talking, talking, she proposed to do the videotutorial of one of my patterns.
I could’nt believe it!!! Of course, I love the idea! So we started the collaboration.
Continue reading Little Lulu Videotutorial, by Demetra Bogri
Sometimes we find the difficulty of crocheting a flat piece that has successive color changes having the need that the transition between colors will be good on both sides, by the right and also by the reverse that will remain visible.
To achieve that the changes of color do not alter the reverse of our fabric keeping the same drawing as the right, what we do is crochet with the two threads, one main and another hidden, so that we can alternate between them without affecting the design.
Let’s see how to do it in our case:
Continue reading Practice the reversible color change by crocheting this nice butterfly
Recommended yarn: 50% acrylic 50% cotton
- Yarn of different colors: red, white, black, light brown, skin color.
- Yarn thickness: 3.4 mm
- Crochet needle suitable for the thickness of the yarn.
- Yarn needle
- sc: Single crochet.
- Inc: increase
- Dec: decrease
- St: stitch
Fill the doll as you crochet
View Basic Stitches tutorial
Continue reading Amigurumi pattern – Little Lulu
These are the first Christmas of this website and the truth is that I am very excited.
It has been a wonderful year, a lot of work, new projects, new challenges … but especially many friends.
Continue reading Elf Christmas pattern
Finally it´s time to show you my new ebook and I assure you that the wait was worth it
Animagumis: 15 patterns to crochet yarn animals
I confess that it is the most important project that I have faced so far, not only because they are unpublished patterns, but because I wanted their design to be very special.
From the beginning I had the firm intention to correspond to the support that you and other colleagues give me, and what a better way than to follow many of the ideas and suggestions that you have given to me with so much affection.
Each little animal is designed so that you can separate it from the character it represents, that is, you can remove the clothes and accessories whenever you want. By this way you have 2 patterns in 1, the animal and the character.
Continue reading New ebook “Animagumis” Now on Sale!